You will design a total rewards program based on an existing organization that you have chosen (HERSHEY COMPANY)
Include detailed information about organizational goals, objectives, and challenges. In addition, attain information about the current monetary and non-monetary rewards and work environment of the organization and the challenges or changes (such as expansions, downsizing, changes of services or products) the organization anticipates. You will have also designed metrics to evaluate the total rewards program.
You will provide the research findings in a report of at least 10 pages plus a title page, reference page, and appendix documents including implementation timeline and metrics. Provide at least eight sources (in APA format) in a reference list and respective in-text citations. Please be sure to use topic headings and include the following:
1. Provide a Title Page in Academic Format
2. Give the Introduction and Purpose for the Paper
3. Summarize and describe the organization, including its capabilities, key
goals, objectives, challenges, values, and core competencies required for success.
4. Demonstrate your knowledge of the total rewards model by describing the current total rewards philosophy of the organization and its three categories of offerings.
5. Identify and describe the segmentation of the workforce ( how to differentiate employee groups depending on their drivers, such as flexible schedules, growth potential, desire for demonstrating individual expertise or team success, low obligation and easy income, or high obligation and high income).
6. Describe further the current requisite capabilities of the organization and the competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) of the employees and, in your opinion, an analysis of whether the current needs will change given the issues faced by the organization.
7. Recommend changes to the total rewards program, along with specific plans, including plans for communicating the changes and metrics that should be used by the organization to evaluate the success of the new program.
8. Present the justification for your recommendations.
9. Assess and discuss the risks of not implementing the program and the opportunities the program will give the organization.
10. Provide your metrics for evaluating the total rewards program and share why you chose the ones you did.
11. Present a general explanation for the timeline for implementation in the paper AND as an appendix to the paper (submitted as a separate assignment). You may refer to the implementation task list and timeline in the paper and share that it is in the appendix but submitted as a separate assignment.
12. Describe your conclusions and a summary of knowledge gained about total rewards through the activity.
13. Reference Page (with at least eight scholarly sources)
To supplement the paper, you will develop an action plan for
implementing the recommendations for the total rewards program.
You are encouraged to use a
Gantt chart or Pert or similar graphic to display a timeline and the
interdependence or sequence of the activities.
Be sure to include how you will collect the data for each metric and
how you will set the targeted goal for each metric.
A good action plan contains:
The timeline adds to the presentation/paper and aids in the identification
of success measures and issues/problems encountered and overcome.