Learning Objectives Assessed
- Evaluate the implications of digital technology on buyer behaviour, marketing strategy and customer relationships.
- Assess various digital tools and technologies and identify the most appropriate tool(s) to support specific marketing objectives and strategies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and frameworks that inform the development of a digital strategy.
- Design and measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate skill in the communication of digital marketing concepts and strategies.
In this assessment task, you will implement the strategic plan you developed in assessment task one. You need to submit a professionally formatted portfolio with links to the digital resources you built. The portfolio must include:
- URL links, screenshots and other points of evidence of your implementations.
- Short reflections on how your implementations performed following your plan (assessment task one).
- Evidence of feedback/comments from your SME/mentor on your implementations.
- A visualisation of your implementations in the form of a video and/or Pecha Kucha (PK presentation.
If you work alone, reflections should be 500 words (for two implementations), 1000 for pairs (three implementations), and 1500 for groups of three (four implementations).
This assessment also requires you to deliver a Pecha Kucha (PK) presentation and/or create a short video based on one of your implementations. In your video/PK, you need to demonstrate how your implementation created value for your customers. That is, not value for the business (profit or revenue) but value for customers (or potential client/employer).
If you work alone or as a pair, you can choose video or PK, while groups of three must submit both (covering different implementations in each). The video/PK is not a separate assignment. Rather, it is the visualisation of one of the implementations you executed during the semester.
PK Presentation Option
This task requires you to present to the class in a “Pecha Kucha” format – exactly 20 slides, exactly 20 seconds each, giving you exactly 6 minutes and 40 seconds to deliver your message. It is essential that you strictly stick to the PK presentation format. Your presentation slides must be submitted as an appendix to your portfolio.
Rules for Pecha Kucha:
2. Exactly 20 slides, each advancing automatically after 20 seconds
3. Total presentation time = 6:40
Suggestions for a successful presentation:
- Use relevant images to enhance your story
- Fewer words (or no words) – and definitely don’t read your presentation of the slides.
- Be creative; capture the attention and interest of the audience.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
Resources to help you create a brilliant presentation: