Select a project as the basis for your final project. The project may be one that applies to your work or your personal life. Keep in mind that this project is used to explore the concepts of project management.
Obtain faculty approval of your selected project prior to beginning your assignment. Project characteristics that work best include the following:
· A project that interests the Learning Team
· A project that requires multiple resources
· A project that is large enough in scope to apply the project management principles, yet limited enough in scope to be manageable for you within the next 4 weeks. Examples of projects that have worked well are building a garage or planning a wedding.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word project proposal. Include the following items in your proposal:
· Background and statement of need: Briefly describe the organization that is in need of the project. Discuss the expected benefits that are motivating the organization to commission this project.
· Project stakeholders: Start by identifying the project customer. This person approves resources for the project and holds your team accountable for results. Identify additional stakeholders of the project and determine how they are affected by the project.
· Project goals in terms of triple constraint: These are the measures that are used at the end of the project to judge the overall success or failure of the project.
· Time: Identify the completion date of the project.
· Budget: List the expenses and any other resource constraints for the project.
· Project performance: List the desired outputs from the project. Specify the performance criteria for the project.
· Project scope: A statement of work (SOW) must be developed to define what is and what is not included in the project.
· Summary: Your proposal summary must be presented to the project customer and demonstrate that the benefits from successful completion of the project justify the proposed costs.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Research and reference citations required for every paper