Research Proposal, Bib of 5 Credible Sources, Annotation of one Reliable Source, and Annotation Bibliography
Topic should be involved with Refugees Problem in the United States. Conduct a research and find five reliable sources that come from academic library. Then come up with a specific research question. This question should be clear, not vague so that people will be able to understand without extra explanation.
1. Write a proposal. The Research Proposal is a document you produce based on the topic you would like to explore. The Proposal should be a paragraph long, explaining your interest in the topic, a brief account of how you arrived at the research question, the specific question you are interested in, and a Chicago Bibliography of 5 reliable sources you plan to consult. These reliable sources should come from academic library.
2. Annotate one reliable source from your research. How has this source helped shed light on your question? What is useful to you about the source? (annotation should be 250 words)
3. Annotate another reliable source from your research. How has this source helped shed light on your question? What is useful to you about the source? (annotation should be 250 words)
4. Write an Annotated Bibliography of 2 out of 5 reliable sources you have found to help you understand your research question.
FORMAT OF AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
An annotated bibliographic citation is made up of two parts:
- The citation (see Chicago handout for proper formatting)
- The annotation – a 4–6 sentence critical summary of the work.
o Describe the content of the source
o Mention why it is useful
o Indicate strengths and/or weaknesses of the source
o Evaluate the overall reliability of the source; to do this, look at:
§ The author’s conclusions and how he/she arrived at them
§ The references they consulted
o Describe your reaction to the source
- The annotation is continuous with the source listing (i.e., there are no spaces or
paragraph indentations in between the source and its annotation).