Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: All Chapters
- Lecture (PDF): Presentation (Luthans 10e) – All Chapters (in Course Documents)
- A minimum of 15-20 resources which can be a combination of websites, journal articles, news articles
Over the last several weeks, you have been preparing a feasibility study for the Vice President of Human Resources (instructor) and the Board of Directors concerning what the 3M Corporation – Asia Pacific Division will need to know to manage employment relations as effectively as possible for a new manufacturing facility in (your chosen country) to build and assemble Medical-Surgical devices for sale in the Latin America market. This week you complete the last 2 sections of your paper and submit your final project. Please incorporate any instructor feedback that you received on your draft submissions.
Your final paper should include the following sections:
Section 1. Introduction and Country Selection
- Identify the name of the country you will research for the ESA assignment.
- Explain your selection by listing at least 3 reasons why you are choosing this country.
Section 2. General Characteristics
- Describe the location, size, population, principle industries, language, religion, literacy, and type of government of your country.
Section 3. Economic Conditions
- Discuss the standard of living (What do the people own? How does the standard of living compare to the U.S.? Ideally, this should be measured in purchasing power, accounting for the difference in currency and cost of living.)
- Identify the income distribution (Proportion of upper, middle, and lower classes?)
- Explain the wage levels (Compared to U.S.? Compared to rest of world?)
- Explain the employment levels (Unemployment rate? Participation rate of women, minorities, youth?)
- Describe how wages are determined (Supply and demand? Government policy? Collective bargaining?)
- Examine employer-provided benefits.
- Discuss working conditions (Hygiene and safety?)
- Discuss skills available (Shortages in particular areas?)
Section 4: Organizational Topics and Human Resource Management Analysis
1. Organizational Topics, discuss the following:
- Performance evaluation and discipline
- Recruitment and training
- Dispute resolution
- Grievances over rules application
- Impasses resulting from disputes establishing wages, hours and working conditions
- Employee participation in decision-making
2. Human Resource Management Analysis of (your country’s name), discuss the following:
- Potential solutions
Section 5: Governmental
- Describe the extent of government intervention in private employment.
- Explain the existence and impact of labor laws.
Section 6: Personal
- Explain the ideology, ethics, and values of people (individualistic or group-oriented, role of religion in employment, reaction to authority and organizational needs)
- Discuss employee motivation (How “hard working” are employees? What motivates their performance?)
Section 7: Conclusion
- Summarize your key findings and include a recommendation as to whether to locate or not locate in your chosen country.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 15-20 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page (minimum of 15-20 resources)
I would like to let you know if the requirement mention any country it has to be about Switzerland