Since formal succession planning is a process that has not been widely or effectively implemented in all organizations, there is still much to be learned and developed. Human resources (HR) professionals, business leaders, and scholars are continually finding new information and formulating new strategies related to succession planning and management. In this Discussion, explore some of these future trends and advancements, and consider how they could be applied at the organization you selected for your Course Project.
For your Discussion, read Chapter 16, “The Future of Succession Planning and Management,” in the course text Effective Succession Planning to assess future trends and opportunities for improvement. In addition, conduct research using the Walden Library and other scholarly sources to further identify trends that could impact the succession planning process.
Post by Day 3 a cohesive and scholarly response based on your readings and research this week that addresses the following:
- Assess future trends in succession planning
- Identify which trends you feel will have the most impact on the practice of succession planning.
- Briefly describe which trends would most significantly impact Hewlett Packard Enterprise .
- Propose strategies that could help this organization mitigate the negative and enhance the positive.
- Support your answer by citing specific examples of the trends you identified, as well as applicable information from your Course Project.