Starting Your Research Design
For this course, you will have a course project that includes the written assignments in Weeks 1–5. The Week 3 and Week 5assignments are considered major assignments, which combined are worth almost half of the total course points. It will likely take you more than one week to complete the Week 3 and Week 5 major assignments, so begin working on those tasks sooner rather than later.
The course project assignment each week is designed to help you develop skills in critically analyzing and using research studies published in peer-reviewed journals. These resources are critical for the development of your own research agenda and the designing of your own research studies.
This week, you will begin developing a brief literature review on a topic of interest related to organizational behavior. The work builds on your week 2 paper (preliminary research question proposal) and will be expanded in your week 5 paper (research proposal).
- Summarize the research question that is the foundation of your research. The research question is the one you proposed in your week 2 project, although it may be modified based upon feedback you have received and research you have conducted.
- Create an initial literature review comprising at least eight, relevant journal articles (you will add to your literature review for next week’s assignment).
- Evaluate a gap, problem, additional research questions, theoretical model, or possible hypotheses that begin to emerge from your literature review. At this point, the observations will be considered preliminary and subject to revision for your submission next week.
- Deduce a possible method (such as qualitative or quantitative) and design (such as case study, survey, etc.) you might use to conduct your research.
- Submit your answers in an 8- to 10-page Microsoft Word document.